Monday, April 18, 2011

Tax Day

Several weeks ago my sweet son called and asked me if I had completed his taxes. I told him that I had estimated his taxes, and it seemed that, even as a college student who works a few hours a week, he owed the government money. His sweet reply was, "Well, please finalize the forms so that I can pay what I owe."


A little more than a week ago, my sweet son called again and asked if the forms were complete. I reminded him that he still had many days before taxes were due. "But mom," he said with a laugh. "I have to pay my taxes now in case the parents of a poor five year old with diabetes needs that money for medicine."


Maybe we should all pay our taxes with a bit of light humor...


and the integrity of my sweet son.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails